A few weeks ago, I did a recap on my favorite drinks for Spring. Well here is another one to add to that list. Orangeade.
I have many fond memories of this sweet. refreshing, orange looking, and tasting liquid. Growing up there was a pharmacy called Wad’s that served a delicious Orangeade with grilled cheese or a hot dog. I remember spinning around on the stools to the bar waiting for this delicious drink. The problem with Orangeade is that you have to pace yourself. I could easily drink an entire cup in a few seconds, but then it is all gone. It isn’t easy, but when drinking Orangeade, I have to slow down and enjoy it. Wad’s is no longer there, but luckily Orangeade is still around.
Classic Homemade Orangeade
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (6 oranges or so)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large pot over medium heat, dissolve one cup of sugar into one cup of water. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved, creating a simple syrup. Turn heat to low.
- Add 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (about 6 oranges) and lemon juice to the simple syrup. Stir.
- Add 3 cups water. Remove from heat and stir.
- Pour Orangeade into a serving container and keep refrigerated. Serve cold over ice.
© Taylor Mathis www.taylortakesataste.com