In Athens, I had some of the most amazing strawberry lemonade ! That was back in February. Ever since then, I had been contemplating making my own. Temperatures are in the 80’s and 90’s here in Charlotte, so now seems like a pretty good time!
To make this delicious drink all you need is lemons, strawberries, water and sugar! Yes it is that easy!
– 1 pint strawberries (cleaned, hulled and quartered)
– 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (6 lemons or so).
– 1 cup sugar
-4 cups water
1. squeeze the lemons to get 3/4 cups lemon juice.
2. In a food processor, put the cleaned and hulled strawberries, puree them into a paste. Run the strawberry puree through a fine mesh strainer to remove any large chunks of strawberries that may be left.
3. In a pot, heat 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water until the sugar is completely dissolved. Let cool. Combine with lemon juice, strawberry puree, and 3 cups water. Stir and put in your favorite container. You can drink immediately over ice or let chill in the refrigerator. Enjoy!